Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Post #4


The article I read was “Considering Adoption” http://thisibelieve.org/essay/5461/ by Susie Green. She is a divorced mom of two kids but wants more kids. “One church, one child” is what Susie heard at her church. Even though she didn’t have another room for the child and her income barely enough she was able to adopt two year old Henry. When she adopted him they never told her about his rocking problem or never knew about it. When he was awake he rocked on his knees and at night he rocked his crib. After years passing his rocking didn’t stop but her concern about his family history grew stronger everyday but she couldn’t focus all of her attention on Henry when she has two other children also. She believed “that it’s what we do not know about ourselves that stops us dead in are tracks when considering adoption”. Know he is a junior in college and joined the Air Force and now only rocks out to his music.

I thought this article was very interesting. It made me think about what they kid went through to have to the rocking problem. The message “one church, one child” is very true if a member of every church was to adopt a child foster children would decrease.  This would be very good for children that live in foster homes with a bunch of kids because they would be able have a family that won’t leave them. Even though the mom didn’t make a lot of money she still wants another kid so she adopted and the child overcame his rocking problem years later.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this was a very inspiratonal story, I feel that more people in the world should adopt a child if they are not able to have one of thier own. There are always children in the world of all ages and races that need good homes and a loving family. So personally I feel that you chose a great article and I admire the person in this article that decided to adopt a child. Like I said a child in the world always needs a loving and caring family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish more families would consider adoption regardless of whether or not they are able to have children of their own. I want to adopt a child, but my husband is too concerned about what emotional or physical problems the child would bring. I admire Ms. Green's willingness to jump into adopting and not let her own fears get in her way.

      Delete