Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Post #3


On Student Success Day I attended the session Successful Scholarship Applications by Mary Dimick and Mary Saurino. They informed us about where to find scholarships, tips for filling out scholarships and about Inver Hills Scholarship process. Some tips they informed us for filling out applications would be read through the entire application, make a note of all attachments that are requested, letters of recommendation,  narrative, volunteerism or community service ,honors, recognition and achievements and be sure to have your FASFA filled out for the current year. When looking for scholarships consider your employer, organizations that your family belongs to, organizations in your community, search for funds to your career goal and Inver Hills Scholarship Foundation.

The class that I attended was very useful to me. I now know more about scholarships applications and what I a good application are supposed to have.  The tips that they gave for scholarships will be really useful to me when I’m filling out applications for this spring. Through the Inver Hills scholarships I was able to find scholarships that I can apply to and am going to look around my community for more opportunities for scholarships.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa I see that you learned a lot of information at this session. I am glad that they offered this session for people who were interested in applying for scholarships. I have seen so many people try and apply for financial aide by themselves and they give up because the process becomes over whelming to them. I have seen people give up on an application because it requires more work than they want to do. I think if more people would take advantage of the help that is out there they would have success in completing the application. I am glad that you have taken advantage of the information that you have learned and have used it. I wish you luck with the ret of the process. I think as long as you use what you learned you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete