The “this I believe” article I am writing about is “A death he freely accepted” by Greghttp://thisibelieve.org/essay/1383/ . Everyday his father would say “I love you” but not once did Greg say it back to his dad until the day his dad was laying in the hospital. He thought it was too late to say I love you but when he was about to leave, his dad raised his hand and put it against Greg check. He then was able to say “I love you dad” but then a few second later his hand dropped, fell into a coma and pasted away. After this he know believes that in “redemptive power of forgiveness, serve and inspire others through good works, and that with faith and humanity we can discover that every tragedy and unbearable heart break hold the promise of a divine blessing”.
After reading this I thought it was very sad but inspiring to others that are in the same position he is in. It makes you realize that you need to cherish what you have in life because you never know when it will disappear. I’m glad that he was able to say “I love you dad” before he passed otherwise he would of have to live with that the rest of his life and I feel like that would have been really hard for him. The reason I choose this article was because that I felt it was very touching to me and I was in somewhat of the same position as him.
I really liked this article that you wrote about. Although it is a sad story, it makes you think about telling people how much you really do care about them. I think that people are in your life for a reason. I was inspired as well about this article. I agree with you about cherrishing every moment that you have. It's true, you wont know when it is your time, or another loved ones time to go. When they are called to go home, you want to make sure that you have said to them, everything you wanted them to hear. I think that the dad was building up all the strength to hold on,waiting for his son to tell him that he loved him. It is proven that hearing is the last sence to go. I also think there are certain things that people need to hear before they pass on. I really enjoied reading your blog about this article.
ReplyDelete