The article I read was High School
Football Team Quarterback Sticks Up for Bullied Special- Needs Student written
by Gabe Zaldivar and published in bleacher report. Chy Johnson is a sophomore special
need student who has a neurological disorder that limits her cognitive abilities.
Students have thrown trash at her, called her names and many other actions that
made Chy go home in tears from school. Chy mother was about to take her daughter
out of school and home school her because of these acts. Her mother knew the
varsity quarterback and asked him if he could find out who was bulling her. Jones
the quarterback did better than that. He saw chy eating lunch by herself, so he
invited her to sit with the football team. Jones said “I just thought if the
other kids saw use treating her nicely, then maybe they would do the same”. He even had a chat with her bullies. Now she
is enjoying school again. She says “there my boys and I’m their lucky girl. They’re
awesome”. They quarterback and the rest of his team have her under their wings
and are this young women’s hero.
This story is an amazing act of kindness.
Nobody should have to go through bullying. I like how the mom acted upon it and
didn’t go straight to the principle. She decided to see if she could help first
and it paid off. So many people are afraid to stand up to bullies. Jones and
his team broke the social morals and looked after a young woman with disabilities.
We need more men out there like him and his team; the world would be a better
place for people growing up. This team
has inspired many people to stand up to bulling.
Bullying is for people that will probably never advance in life, bullying has no place in this world we can only hope that person doing the bullying will grow up and eventually see the harm he has done to this poor girl. Sometimes I wonder what the bulliers life is like at home? Maby if more kids would step up to the plate and say hey we can all prevent bullying. It only takes one person to prevent this. I can only hope that my son will never be bullied or never be the bullier. I am glad this had a happy ending.
ReplyDeleteI think that this article is so sweet, and more people need to do things like this more often. If some of the more "popular" kids in school would actually help out instead of promoting it bullying would stop and may kids wouldnt be dying or killing themselves over stupid things such as that. I give a lot of props to the football player that did this and they need to encourage more students and people to do this also and I feel like bullying would probably stop.
ReplyDelete